Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP
Steven Sharp, the former marketing director of Marks & Spencer, is working as a consultant for WPP, which now holds both the creative and media accounts for the retailer.
Steven Sharp: former M&S marketer is now consulting for WPP
Sharp, who was M&S’s marketing director for ten years, has been working on retail projects for the holding company for several months.
Last week, M&S moved its media account from incumbents Walker Media and Profero into WPP’s Mindshare.
Sharp retired from M&S in February, and was replaced by Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne, the former group president of Estée Lauder.
A spokesman for WPP said: "Steven is working with WPP as a consultant on various retail marketing projects."
M&S's creative advertising business is held by another WPP-owned agency, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)