Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP
Steven Sharp, the former marketing director of Marks & Spencer, is working as a consultant for WPP, which now holds both the creative and media accounts for the retailer.
Steven Sharp: former M&S marketer is now consulting for WPP
Sharp, who was M&S’s marketing director for ten years, has been working on retail projects for the holding company for several months.
Last week, M&S moved its media account from incumbents Walker Media and Profero into WPP’s Mindshare.
Sharp retired from M&S in February, and was replaced by Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne, the former group president of Estée Lauder.
A spokesman for WPP said: "Steven is working with WPP as a consultant on various retail marketing projects."
M&S's creative advertising business is held by another WPP-owned agency, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London