Hoover launches first UK TV campaign in more than a decade
Hoover has released its first TV campaign in the UK in more than 10 years, in a bid to promote its cordless vacuum cleaner.
Cardiff agency Golley Slater created the campaign, which comprises TV, outdoor and digital executions.
The TV spot airs today and will run for two months. It is a basic demonstration of Hoover’s cordless vacuum, Unplugged, and features the slogan "power without limits".
In recent years, Hoover has only advertised online in the UK, partnering with electrical retailers that stocked its products. The brand has continued to release TV ads in the US, however.
The new work was created by David Abbott and Paul Williams at Golley Slater, and directed by Rob Holder through Wordley. Golley Slater also handled the media buying.
Williams said: "‘Unplugged’ is a campaign idea that mirrors the flexible and fluid nature of the product range itself. The narrative, filming style, edit and choice of voice-over artist were all selected to create a synergy between the product and TV production.
"Smooth camera sweeps, a languid edit, and a mellifluous female voice over reinforce the products limitless flexibility and ease of use. The campaign is as easy to watch as the product is to use."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire