M&C Saatchi Group acquires LMFM
M&C Saatchi Group has acquired the digital agency Lean Mean Fighting Machine.
Cox, Bedwood, Thomas, Bazeley and Ball
It is understood that M&C Saatchi paid in excess of £6 million for the ten-year-old LMFM after talks that began 12 months ago.
The sum will be split between its four founders – Dave Cox, Dave Bedwood, Tom Bazeley and Sam Ball. There is no earn-out based on future performance but an incentive scheme is in place.
The 40-strong LMFM, whose clients include Unilever and De Beers, will be integrated into M&C Saatchi’s Golden Square headquarters next month, with the LMFM brand disappearing.
The team will be based within the M&C Saatchi ad agency but work across group business – it already shares the Land Rover account with Lida.
LMFM’s creative partners, Bedwood and Ball, will report to M&C Saatchi’s executive creative director, Elspeth Lynn. The managing partner, Bazeley, will report to Lisa Thomas, the UK chief executive of M&C Saatchi Group, and become part of the leadership team. The technical partner, Cox, will take on the chief innovation officer role.
Thomas said: "LMFM’s sense of adventure and innovation perfectly complement M&C Saatchi’s entrepreneurial spirit.
"Likewise, their industry-defining skills across all digital channels will augment our extensive digital capabilities, allowing us to unlock more creative opportunities for our clients."
Bazeley added: "It’s only my wife’s insistence that has stopped me tattooing the LMFM logo up my arm. I love this agency like a weird adopted child but, after ten years, the time feels right to mix things up a bit. Joining M&C Saatchi will allow us to keep our spirit but practise on a bigger stage."
Cox, Bedwood, Bazeley and Ball, who met at Tribal DDB, founded LMFM in 2004. The the agency claimed revenue of £3.1 million in 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)