Dobbies Garden Centres reviews media planning and buying
Dobbies Garden Centres, the retailer owned by Tesco, has called a review of its media planning and buying duties.
Dobbies: the incumbent, Spirit Media Scotland, is repitching. Credit: PA Photos
The account is held by Spirit Media Scotland, which is repitching.
Dobbies is one of the UK’s largest garden-centre retailers with 34 stores, some of which have nature-themed tourist attractions on site such as Plantasia in Warwickshire.
A spokeswoman from the company said: "Dobbies Garden Centres is currently undertaking a review of our media buying agency. We are undergoing a tender process with a number of potential partner agencies."
Dobbies spent around £1 million on media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, but industry sources said future spend would be higher.
The spokeswoman confirmed that the pitch does not affect the Tesco media account, which has been held by Initiative for more than 20 years.
Dobbies’ creative agency, Leith, introduced a new brand identity for the 145-year-old company in March, using bright tones to bring a "human, warm touch". Leith has held the business since 2011.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)