Visa launches World Cup campaign with Usain Bolt
Visa Europe, which is an official sponsor of the 2014 World Cup, has released a TV campaign featuring champion sprinter Usain Bolt.
The TV spot, which was created by Saatchi & Saatchi and is called "Bolt to Brazil", breaks today and will run across run across 22 European markets until the end of the World Cup tournament on 13 July.
It opens with Bolt training at his local athletic track in Jamaica.
After seeing a game of football on TV, he begins a journey to Brazil to watch the World Cup and uses his phone to make purchases along the way. The ad ends with Bolt, dressed as a footballer, sneaking onto pitch of the Maracana stadium at the start of a match.
Visa Europe is also offering customers the chance to win trips to Brazil as part of the campaign.
The campaign was written by Gavin Torrance, art directed by Danny Hunt and directed by Traktor. MEC handled the media buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)