Rapp swoops to acquire Haygarth
Rapp has acquired the specialist shopper-marketing agency Haygarth for an undisclosed sum.
Scognamiglio (l) and Daranyi: Rapp and Haygarth are an ‘ideal match’, according to their CEOs
The Wimbledon-based agency and its 100-plus staff will continue to operate as a separate entity and retain its own identity. Haygarth’s main shareholders include the chief executive, Sophie Daranyi, and the managing director, Marcus Sandwith, who will enter an earn-out period of up to five years.
Daranyi will now report to Marco Scognamiglio, the chief executive of Rapp.
It is understood that talks between Omnicom, Rapp’s parent, and Haygarth began a year ago. Omnicom claims that the deal is designed to combine Rapp’s focus on data insight and technology with Haygarth’s existing presence in digital shopper marketing and FMCG clients.
Haygarth’s clients include Gillette, Fanta and the Musgrave Retail Partners brands Budgens and Londis.
The agency will become part of Omnicom’s DAS group of companies, which is made up of CRM, events, branding and promotional marketing shops.
Scognamiglio said: "Haygarth adds further depth to Rapp’s capabilities and knowledge in navigating the customer journey for each client. Together, we will create experiences for clients that matter to consumers and inspire them to take action."
Daranyi added: "The partnership with Rapp is an ideal strategic and cultural match for Haygarth. Rapp’s prowess and reach, coupled with the depth of the DAS group of companies and Omnicom network, will add immense value to our offering."
Haygarth picked up the Musgrave brands in July last year after a competitive pitch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End