M&C scoops 'no' to Scottish independence brief
Better Together, the cross-party campaign to encourage Scotland to vote "no" to independence, has hired M&C Saatchi as it counts down to the September referendum.
Better Together: new ads
M&C Saatchi, which has a long relationship with the Conservative Party, is advising the organisation on its advertising, marketing and message development. The first press ads launched this week in Scottish newspapers.
Better Together had previously worked with a number of agencies, including Grey and BD Network.
The campaign started talking to agencies last month as part of a final attempt to shore up support for a "no" vote. TBWA UK, which works with the Labour Party, was involved in the pitch process.
The Scottish National Party’s advertising is created by the Edinburgh agency Family, which has also worked with the Scottish Conservatives and created the UK Independence Party’s ads ahead of the European election in May.
Rob Shorthouse, the director of communications at Better Together, said M&C Saatchi demonstrated "incredible creativity, but also a passion about, and commitment to, our cause".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)