M&C scoops 'no' to Scottish independence brief
Better Together, the cross-party campaign to encourage Scotland to vote "no" to independence, has hired M&C Saatchi as it counts down to the September referendum.
Better Together: new ads
M&C Saatchi, which has a long relationship with the Conservative Party, is advising the organisation on its advertising, marketing and message development. The first press ads launched this week in Scottish newspapers.
Better Together had previously worked with a number of agencies, including Grey and BD Network.
The campaign started talking to agencies last month as part of a final attempt to shore up support for a "no" vote. TBWA UK, which works with the Labour Party, was involved in the pitch process.
The Scottish National Party’s advertising is created by the Edinburgh agency Family, which has also worked with the Scottish Conservatives and created the UK Independence Party’s ads ahead of the European election in May.
Rob Shorthouse, the director of communications at Better Together, said M&C Saatchi demonstrated "incredible creativity, but also a passion about, and commitment to, our cause".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Category Marketing Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £55K-£65K + Car Allowance + Significant Bonus, Berkshire/West of London
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)