Havas' Alan Brydon climbs the backstairs of the Carlton to discuss the value of Cannes
Alan Brydon, the head of investment at Havas Media UK, shunned Sir Martin Sorrell's advice to take the backstairs at the Carlton - but there was no talk of mergers, rather what he's taken most from the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity this year.
The Havas Media Group leader responsible for more than £150 million in media spend for a client portfolio that includes EDF, Peroni and Camelot, said that "everything I’ve heard about Cannes has been validated".
Bryon, a former commercial leader at Associated Press, CIA and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, revealed that 2014 was surprisingly the first time he has attended the festival, but it had lived up to expectations, noting: "Relationships are key and Cannes is the ice breaker to lots of important conversations."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)