Jonathan Durden launches Fresh & Dry Balls mission
Jonathan Durden, the co-founder of PHD, has launched a male grooming brand called Below the Belt, (BTB), with Geoff Percy, the former chief executive of Simple Health & Beauty.
Jonathan Durden: launches the Below the Belt brand with Geoff Percy
BTB currently offers three main products: Sports Lubricant, which works to minimise chaffing; Fresh & Dry Balls, which is a talc-like product, and Waterless Shower, a groin cleanser.
Durden said the thought behind the products is that "men’s bodies are badly designed and it’s amazing that we don’t have products designed for them".
The products are originally being sold online through the BTB website and then will be available through online retailers and smaller stores. "We’re not going to just rush it into Boots, we need to have advocates first," said Durden.
BTB has worked with Moreish on the design and with the brand advocacy specialist Let's Go Crazy on developing advocacy, user content and social media.
Let’s Go Crazy’s three companies include Freemavens, which does the mapping work to find and active online advocates; The Physical Network, which runs 25 festivals, and Yourvine, the social technology platform that bridges between people and brands.
Durden said: "We’re not going to just do health and well-being products. We hope to be able to extend to listen to men and come up with things that solve the modern man’s dilemmas."
Alongside David Pattison and Nick Horswell, Durden founded PHD in 1990. They sold the business to Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO in 1997. Since leaving PHD in 2007, Durden has worked at MCBD, MPG and Borkowski.do.
Percy, meanwhile, led the management buyout of the Simple brand from Smith and Nephew in 2000. The American cosmetics company Alberto-Culver bought the company in 2009. Alberto-Culver became part of Unilever in 2011.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)