ZenithOptimedia restructures putting 4 roles at risk
ZenithOptimedia is in the process of merging its media buying staff into two cross-platform teams, covering audio-visual and display media, putting four roles at risk of redundancy.
Mark Howley: managing director of ZenithOptimedia UK
The Publicis Groupe-owned agency is in a period of consultation, which is expected to conclude in around two weeks' time.
Its 100 trading staff are currently arranged in platform-specific teams for media types such as press, radio and TV, but will now be restructured into one team covering audio-visual buying, and another covering display.
An additional team will continue to handle buying for outdoor media separately, through ZenithOptimedia’s joint venture with Posterscope, Meridian Outdoor.
The restructure means that there will be a single person as the ZenithOptimedia contact for media owners such as Channel 4 and The Guardian.
All job descriptions and titles have been re-evaluated for the agency’s buyers.
Mark Howley, the managing director of ZenithOptimedia UK, said: "We are restructuring the trading department to better position ZenithOptimedia for the fast-changing digital world.
"By moving from separate trading entities to two digitally focused teams that work across platforms, we will be able to: drive digital skill sets across the agency, devise more creative and innovative media solutions for our clients, and media owners will be able to work with us more effectively."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)