Netflix hunts creative agency
Netflix is on the hunt for a creative agency ahead of a major expansion into Europe.
Netflix: Fallon created work including the ‘get watching’ TV ad that was launched in February
The online video-on-demand service started talking with agencies about a UK brief, but this has expanded to the pan-European account. Netflix has held discussions with several agencies, but the process has yet to reach the final stages.
The company hired Fallon in September last year. The agency created activity including the "get watching" TV ad that broke in February, but stopped working on the account six weeks ago.
plans to launch in Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg in September – its biggest expansion in three years.
The company recruited Danielle Crook, the former vice-president for marketing at Starbucks, as a director of marketing for Europe in March. Crook is based at Netflix’s headquarters in Beverly Hills, California, but spends one week a month in Europe.
Netflix this month released a campaign created by DDB Canada. The humorous TV ads make the point that, if you don’t have Netflix, you will be oblivious to many cultural references. Crispin Porter & Bogusky handles Netflix’s advertising in the US.
A Netflix spokesman said: "We don’t discuss our agency relationships."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)