Dawson Pickering hires VCCP O2 lead Dudley Desborough as managing director
Creative start-up Dawson Pickering has appointed Dudley Desborough as managing director.
Neil Dawson: co-founder of Dawson Pickering
He will also become a partner in the agency that was launched by BETC London's former executive creative director Neil Dawson and the former head of copy, Clive Pickering.
Desborough and Dawson had previously worked together for three years at DDB, where they ran the global Philips electronics business.
Dawson said: "Dudley cut his teeth on Volkswagen at DDB and was hugely liked and respected. He was a natural fit for Clive and I, as he's calm, methodical and has a no-nonsense approach to the business."
Desborough joins the agency from VCCP where he led the O2 account. Prior to that he was at Sid Lee, where he was head of account management and led the global Adidas business.
He said: "This is quite literally the job profile I have written in my mind a thousand times, so the decision to join Neil and Clive was possibly the easiest I have ever made."
Dawson Pickering’s debut work was the first above-the-line campaign for the store package delivery company CollectPlus, run by former Volkswagen marketer Catherine Woolfe, who was Desborough’s client at DDB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Online Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Brand Manager - Barcelona Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £50000 per annum + relocation + bonus, Spain