AKQA officially launches Indian office
AKQA has announced that it has officially opened its agency in Gurgaon, India, led by Anurag Bhatnagar, a former digital head at Havas Media.
AKQA: India office head Anurag Bhatnagar and chief technology officer Ben Jones
The office is currently staffed by a team of engineers and software developers, focused on providing services for platform vendors. It also houses an Adobe Marketing Cloud "technology centre of excellence", which offers services to AKQA’s other global clients that incorporate Adobe’s products.
Bhatnagar, who is the client services director and will report to AKQA’s chief technology officer Ben Jones, is now hiring creatives and designers as the Gurgaon office enters its second phase of growth.
The agency did not comment on how many staff it had now, but says that it aims to expand to 50 by the end of 2014.
The WPP-owned agency has had a small team in Gurgaon, as part of a soft launch, for a few months, but is now expanding.
Bhatnagar said: "Consumer behaviour in India is changing rapidly, and our ability to drive cohesive, ideas-led experiences for brands across multiple touch points will remain the keystone of our DNA in India. I am truly excited and proud to be part of AKQA’s journey."
Earlier this year, AKQA opened an office in Sao Paulo. The agency now has around 1,600 employees in 12 offices across the world.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire