Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
Vamousse, a head lice-killing product by life sciences company TyraTech, is releasing a part-animated TV and cinema ad to announce its UK launch.
The commercial, which was created by Fox Kalomaski Crossing, first airs on TV and in cinemas on 21 August.
The spot puns on the product’s name with an old west theme and is called "high noon for head lice".
The ad, which mixes live actors with animation, opens on a cowboy town where a mum is the new sheriff in town, wielding a bottle of Vamousse like a six-shooter and taking out the outlaw head lice.
Robert Thackery, director of strategy at Fox Kalomaski Crossing, said: "We wanted to complement Vamousse’s revolutionary nature and to maximise the memorability of its name.
"Our brief was to take a fresh and unconventional approach to communicating Vamousse’s unique features and benefits. The objective was to create a high-impact communication idea that breaks free from standard conventions for advertising medically based products."
The work was written and art directed by Sean Parkin, and was directed by Mark Jackson in-house at Fox Kalomaski Crossing. Starcom MediaVest handled the media buying.
Vamousse became available in the UK earlier this summer in Superdrug and Boots, after being released in the US.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)