Quirky celebs line up for Gap's 'dress normal' campaign
Anjelica Huston and other celebrities known for having a comfortable and unique style form the backbone of Gap's autumn campaign.
The print campaign, which was developed in conjunction with Wieden & Kennedy New York and launches on 2 September, is called "dress normal". It embodies Gap’s message that people should create their own personal style.
In addition to Huston, the star of The Addams Family and The Royal Tennenbaums, other celebrities featured in the campaign include Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss, Boardwalk Empire’s Michael K Williams, Girls’ Zosia Mamet, and Jena Malone, who started in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
More celebrity endorsements will be unveiled after the September launch.
The print ads, which were shot by Glen Luchford, will run in the US, Canada, UK, France, Italy and Japan, as well as other international markets. Gap is also planning a TV ad as part of the "dress normal" campaign.
Seth Farbman, the global chief marketing officer at Gap, said: "Finding your own version of ‘dress normal’ is an art – my normal is different from your normal, and that’s the essence of the campaign.
"This fall, Gap celebrates dressing for yourself and finding those perfect items – a pair of jeans, a T-shirt – that make you feel confident to be your most authentic self."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)