Norwegian Air set for first global campaign
Norwegian Air Shuttle, the low-cost airline run by "Scandinavia's answer to Richard Branson" according to The Wall Street Journal, is on the hunt for its first global advertising agency ahead of major expansion plans.
The airline is meeting with around 15 agencies based in London or the Nordics. It will compile a shortlist in the next two weeks and expects to appoint a shop by April.
Norwegian wants a single agency to handle creative and digital work and raise brand awareness, particularly in the UK, the Nordics, North America and Germany.
Stine Steffensen Børke, the senior vice-president of marketing at Norwegian, told Campaign: "We have worked with local agencies in the past, but we want to grow into new markets so we need more global scope."
Norwegian is launching a series of low-cost long-haul flights from Gatwick Airport in July.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)