Malaysia Airlines considers rebrand
Malaysia Airlines may change its name as it contemplates a rebrand to salvage its reputation after two tragic incidents in less than six months.
Malaysia Airlines: recent events could lead to rebrand
The beleaguered airline has come under increased pressure following the disappearance of flight MH370 in March and the alleged shooting down of flight MH17 this month over eastern Ukraine, with the death of 298 passengers.
Its shares have dropped 29 per cent since the start of 2014.
The Malaysian government, the airline’s majority stakeholder, has kicked off a strategic review that will restructure the airline’s routes and expand outsourcing to increase profitability.
The review is expected to consider allowing more private investors to hold shares in the company.
In July, the airline launched its first major brand campaign in recent years in South East Asia, UK, Europe and China. The work was produced by Ogilvy & Mather, Kuala Lumpur, which was appointed in 2012 as the airline’s lead creative agency.
The airline has been using its long-standing PR agency Perowne Charles Communications, headed by former Virgin Atlantic comms director Paul Charles, for crisis PR support.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London