Qatar Airways calls global ad pitch
Qatar Airways has kicked off a search for a global advertising agency to promote its strength in key regions around the world.
Gerard Piqué as a customs officer in the Qatar Airways ad
The Qatari government-owned airline has contacted agencies to submit proposals for a global campaign.
It wants the appointed shop to produce ads to run in countries where the airline flies to more than five cities, including China, India, the US, Saudi Arabia, Australia, the United Arab Emirates and
Activity will include print, radio, outdoor, digital, direct mail and point of sale.
The process is believed to be procurement-driven and has short lead times.
Qatar Airways has a global roster of agencies that pitch for its work, including 180 Amsterdam. The airline has contacted shops outside of the roster for this brief.
In August 2013, 180 Amsterdam created a TV ad, "the land of FCB", that promoted the airline’s sponsorship of FC Barcelona. It featured Barça’s star players in unusual situations.
Qatar Airways began the pitch process for its European media account in June. It plans to consolidate the business into a single shop. The procurement-led process is being run through the airline’s European bases in London and Germany.
The airline hit the headlines recently when a passenger made a bomb hoax on a flight that was headed for Manchester Airport.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)