Alcohol marketing news & analysis
Sarah Carter and Toby Harrison, strategy director and planning partner respectively at Adam & Eve/DDB, reflect on a Grand Prix-winning night at the IPA Effectiveness Awards on Monday.
Johnnie Walker has launched a global "brand character" campaign to promote four of the brand's luxury whiskies.
Tell us about the project. The project came to us through Frukt. We ve been through this process before and it s never as easy as everyone hopes. We pitched a few options but Mink Shoes was put forward fairly early on we felt it worked with th...
Adam & Eve/DDB has landed the UK advertising account for the Heineken-owned beer brand Desperados.
Carlsberg, the Danish brewer, has appointed the Paris-based agency CLM BBDO to handle its global advertising for the Tuborg brand.
Adam & Eve/DDB has taken the top prize at the 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards for its tongue-in-cheek "good call" ad campaign for Foster's, the Heineken-owned lager.
Johnnie Walker, the Diageo-owned whisky brand, is reviewing its global advertising account.
WKD, the alcopop brand owned by SHS Group, is reviewing its advertising account, which is handled by Big Communications.
Haig Club, the Diageo-owned whisky brand, has released a TV ad that stars David Beckham and was directed by Guy Ritchie.
The Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) has been forced to withdraw "incredibly sexist" marketing material encouraging young people to join the organisation.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has consolidated its pan European media within Dentsu Aegis Network, led by Vizeum in the UK, following a six-month review covering nine key markets.
With the rise of good whisky ads from Ballantines to Chivas Regal, quite simply, the whisky market has had to rethink its approach to advertising, especially when it comes to blended, says Victoria White, shopper marketing planner at TMW.
Johnnie Walker Blue Label's "symphony in blue" event represents a "brave new world" of branded entertainment, according to the television production and events staging company Done & Dusted.
Chivas Regal, the luxury whisky brand, has launched a campaign featuring '12 Years A Slave' star, Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Johnnie Walker has launched a film and digital push featuring Formula 1 driver, Jenson Button, to promote its retail partnership with Tesco.
Ballantine's Scotch whisky has released the latest episode in its series "stay true stories" with musician and DJ, Black Coffee.
Smirnoff has released a TV campaign across four African countries for its Ice Double Black and Ice Double Black Guarana drinks, as part of a push in the continent by parent company Diageo.
Rekorderlig, the Swedish cider brand, has hired Saatchi & Saatchi London as its global creative agency.
ZenithOptimedia has retained the £15 million UK media planning and buying business for Molson Coors, the owner of the Carling, Coors Light and Cobra beer brands.
Diageo's global managing director, James Thompson, says branded content lets brands tell a story in a way that ads don't allow.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)