Carlsberg celebrates Premier League 'rollercoaster' with global ad
Carlsberg has unveiled a global campaign promoting its three-year deal as the official beer partner of the Premier League, as part of its on-going "That call for a Carlsberg" strategy.
Carlsberg: rollercoaster campaign promotes its Premier League sponsorship
The Danish lager brand has rolled out a TV and cinema ad, called "the ride" (below), which shows fans of Premier League clubs experiencing the highs and lows of a season on an actual rollercoaster.
To reflect the emotional "ups and downs" of supporting a Premier League club, the ad captures the expressions of supporters as they hurtle along on the rollercoaster.
It also features former Premier League "legends" such as ex-Liverpool star and Robbie Fowler, recently appointed
Digital activity Twitter, Facebook and Instagram will focus around the hashtag #JoinTheRide, while the campaign will be supported with outdoor, packaging and point-of-sale promotions.
The ad was created by Buenos Aires-based agency Santo and directed by Juan Cabral.
It will debut in
It marks the latest phase of the beer brand’s ongoing "That call for a Carlsberg" marketing strategy, celebrating "moments that go beyond expectations".
Jens Jermiin, vice-president digital, media and content production at Carlsberg, told Marketing that the Premier League provided a unique opportunity to emotionally engage with consumers.
He said: "We believe in emotional storytelling, as emotions overrule rationality when it comes to creating brand love. We aimed to capture the emotions coming out of the Premier League and tie it together with the brand in an original and impactful way, and we feel we’ve done that.
"We looked at football and the Premier League as an oasis from society’s norms. We know that football has a liberating power; men tend not to cry in public places, but most men have cried in stadiums watching the games.
"It’s a microcosmos, with its own norms and rules, a place where men show emotions."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London