Adam & Eve/DDB wins John Smith's ad account
Heineken has shifted its John Smith's advertising account out of long-standing incumbent TBWA\London and into Adam&Eve/DDB without a pitch.
Although the account has been largely dormant in recent years, John Smith’s has provided some of the most famous advertising of the last decade.
TBWA was responsible for creating the multiple award winning "no nonsense" campaign for the bitter brand featuring Peter Kay as its plain-speaking frontman. The series of ads ran from 2002 to 2005.
Kay quit as brand ambassador later in 2005 and subsequent ads were not as successful.
However, the Northern comedian briefly returned to the role in 2010 in a spot called "dog show" that showed Kay wowing a crowd with the skills of his dog Tonto. Peter Purves, the host of Crufts, provided the voiceover.
Adam & Eve/DDB, which already works with John Smith’s sister Heineken brands Foster’s and Bulmers, has been briefed with bringing a contemporary perspective to the ale.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)