Strongbow TV campaign focuses on provenance
Strongbow's latest TV spot ditches its usual "earn it" strap line and instead focuses on the cider's provenance.
The new spot for the Heineken-owned brand is called "bittersweet" and was created by St Luke’s. It debuts on ITV on Friday 4 July during Brazil's 2014 Fifa World Cup match against Columbia.
The 40-second ad uses time-lapse photography and a split-screen to make the point that farmers work year-round, in the pouring rain and blistering sunshine, to grow the apples used to make Strongbow.
The soundtrack to the ad is Keep In The Dark by The Temples.
The work was created by Mick Brigdale and directed by Steve Cope through Rattling Stick. The media agency was Starcom MediaVest Group.
St Luke’s has handled Strongbow’s TV advertising since 2005, when it won a competitive pitch against M&C Saatchi, TBWA\London, WCRS and Farm. Before that, Leo Burnett held the account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London