Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
Guinness Africa has released a commercial that builds on the brand's "made of more" strapline, called "made of black".
The pan-African campaign aired last night on MTV Base Africa during Guinness’ four-hour takeover of the channel.
The spot was created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, in conjunction with BBDO offices in Africa and is the agency’s first work for the brand since winning the business in October.
The ad, which was directed by Sam Brown through Rogue Films, features clips of black performers, as Kanye West’s 'Black Skinhead' plays in the background. Music artists including Fuse ODG and Phyno will continue the campaign with messages on social media, such as Twitter.
— Fuse ODG (@FuseODG) August 27, 2014
Creative director on the account at AMV BBDO was Mike Schalit, while Mike Sutherland wrote the campaign and Antony Nelson art directed it.
Mark Sandys, the global brand director at Guinness, said: "Guinness is an iconic brand, famous for its extraordinary and inimitable marketing, and #madeofblack is no different. This campaign is a celebration of an attitude that epitomises individuals who aren’t afraid to truly express themselves.
"Through #madeofblack we will provide a stage for those who are an inspiration to others, as they carve their own path with confidence, flair and boldness."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)