In our latest 'Bums on Seats' video offering advice from the UK's leading marketers, we look at how the perception of marketing has changed from a "fluffy" job that handles creative to a discipline holding real value in the boardroom.
How do agency bosses respond to student pleas for advice and work placements? Jeremy Lee goes undercover to find out.
The World Cup is now over, but people are Tweeting about everyday life. Should brands join in, David Benady asks.
Ads targeting the affluent tend to be hackneyed affairs - so ditch the clichés and actually engage with these people, Richard Huntington says.
Vogue's editor of more than two decades tells David Benady how the magazine has remained high-end while widening its appeal.
At what stage did you get involved with flight of the stories ? At the very rough animatic stage. The very succinct brief from the creative Paul Domenet was: "Each letter should have its own voice." So that s what I did. I was in the unusual ...
Is media moving into such complex areas that there's a danger of it leaving behind a bewildered array of other agency specialists - particularly creatives?
After 30 years, Dave Buonaguidi has swapped agency life to set up Gratis, a free school that he hopes will benefit both students and the creative industry alike.
To be or not to be a separate country? That is the big debate for the Scots, who will head to the polls in just under two months' time. As the battle to win votes heats up ahead of the 18 September referendum, we asked two senior creatives in Scotlan...
Is there demand among advertisers and listeners for the pending second national DAB multiplex, Arif Durrani asks.
Some things in the media business we liked in the week up to 25 July, and one thing we didn't...
Buzz Aldrin dons a new pair of sneakers as Marketing, with the help of Unruly, rounds up the best branded Vines of the week.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)