Budweiser launches 'designate a driver' campaign
Budweiser has teamed up with Drinkaware.co.uk to launch a campaign to "designate a driver" in the run up to Christmas and the New Year.
Budweiser: 'designate a driver' campaign
The ads will run across TV and radio until the end of December in a bid to promote responsible drinking.
The TV spot, created by Anomaly New York, features a group of friends waiting to go to various social functions, including a wedding, football game and a music gig.
One of the friends nominates himself as the designated driver and is seen at the end of the ad drinking a Bud, with the strapline which reads, "Designate a driver and enjoy the good times."
The 30 and 60 second radio ads feature a Bud "coach" giving a rousing team talk ahead of a night out, stressing the importance of a designated driver.
It states that the one thing every team needs is a leader who's going to drive the team to victory, making sure everyone gets home safely because "it is the most important thing".
Vizeum handled the media planning and buying.
Iain Newell, western European marketing director at Budweiser, said: "As a company, Anheuser-Busch InBev is committed to delivering on our dream of being the 'Best Beer Company in a Better World'.
"Our efforts to promote responsible drinking are an important part of achieving that dream."
Budweiser launched its first "designate a driver" campaign in June last year to promote responsible drinking during the World Cup.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...