Rajar Q2 2014: Heart rebrand helps reach increase 20%
The expansion of the Heart brand reaped dividends for Global Radio in the second quarter as the network reached 9.07 million listeners a week, an increase of 20.4 per cent year on year.
Heart: network's rebrand boosted Global Radio's reach in Q2
The Heart network expanded in the North of England, Scotland and Wales on 6 May and the second quarter of 2014 included seven weeks of the additional newly rebranded stations.
Although Heart's reach was up year on year, it represented a decline of 0.6 per cent from Q1.
Global Radio's Capital network managed to maintain its audience and position as the second-biggest commercial brand during the quarter, with an average of 7.33 million listeners a week, down 0.7 per cent year on year.
Meanwhile, the next three biggest national stations – Classic FM, Kiss UK and Smooth – all added listeners in the last quarter.
Global Radio's Classic FM grew its reach 2.5 per cent, while stablemate Smooth is increased 6.8 per cent. Bauer Media-owned Kiss UK added 0.5 per cent to its reach during the same period, to 4.63 million.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London