Blackcircles.com launches TV push to promote value and speed
Blackcircles.com, the online tyre retailer, has launched a TV campaign to encourage people to visit their website, by showing how it saves them time and money in comparison to the high street.
Paul Shearer at Enter created the 30-second TV spot in conjunction with Mike Welch, Blackcircles.com’s managing director and founder. It was produced by Crossfire.
The media agency for the campaign was Republic of Media.
The spot, which has been kept simple to move away from the misconception that tyres are for experts only, shows two identical tyres on a white background, which roll around to create a face.
A voiceover says: "John bought this tyre on the high street, and Lisa bought this tyre online at blackcircles.com. Guess who got an unbelievable price online and picked a time and date to have it fitted locally, and collected Tesco Clubcard points?"
The face morphs into a sad expression, but becomes happy as the voiceover says: "Looks like John will be going to blackcircles.com next time".
Blackcircles.com has recently extended its partnership with Tesco, which includes offering Tesco Clubcard points to its customers since 2010. The tyre firm will now install tyre-fitting centres at Tesco store sites.
Welch said: "We needed a point of difference, and have pitched ourselves clearly against the traditional high-street fast-fits, with a like-for-like comparison of two customers buying the same tyres in two different ways.
"We are also keen to reach a broader audience in the UK, moving away from the expert man who knows their car and their tyre requirements."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London