BMW creates immersive Hollywood-style film for i3 electric car
A 360° interactive film that adapts based on the movements of smartphone and tablet users aims to give people an idea of what it feels like to drive the BMW i3 electric car.
Developers used OpenGL computer graphics technology to project a film on a sphere to create the 360° degree experience of a dramatic Hollywood-style race against time.
Multiple layers of audio including background music, ambient sounds and dialogue were overlaid onto the film to create an audio sensation that changes depending on the user’s direction.
Client: Nicola Green, BMW i communications manager
Creatives: Ross Neil, Dan Gorlov and Rachel Le Feuvre
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Project Manager Gemini Search £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Brand Director EMR £100000 - £120000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Developer / PM Digital Gurus £20000 - £27000 per annum, London
- RETOUCHER (Fashion, Photoshop, Ecommerce, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Communications Manager - Temp to perm Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Category and Channel Insights Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 per annum, South East England