VW recreates A-ha's classic 'Take on Me' video
Volkswagen (VW) goes back to the 1980s in this US TV ad based on the video for A-ha's classic single "Take On Me", using rotoscoping to tell the story of a VW driver attempting to evade a sinister mechanic.
VW: recreated A-ha's classic video
The manufacturer promotes the distracting qualities of its "Carefree Maintenance" programme, which offers charge-free scheduled maintenance of VW vehicles in the first two years of ownership.
Brand: Volkswagen of
Client: Wayne Brannon, interim chief marketing officer
Agency: Deutsch LA
Creatives: Michael Kadin, Matt Ian, Mark Peters, Ryan Scott
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London