Skoda launches Euro advertising contest
Skoda, the Volkswagen-owned car marque, is speaking to agencies about its pan-European advertising requirements.
Skoda: advertising rethink
Leagas Delaney has since 2001 handled the business, which is led by its office in Prague.
The UK ad account, held by Fallon since 1999, is not affected by the pitch. The agency creates UK-specific spots, such as the recent "not your average family car" TV ad for the Octavia vRS.
MediaCom oversees the bulk of VW’s media planning and buying, including for Skoda. This is not affected.
The pitch follows another VW brand, Seat, reviewing its pan-European advertising and media duties earlier this year.
Lowe & Partners won Seat’s digital ad business from the incumbent, Grey London.
PHD landed Seat’s £14 million UK media account, while the rest of the business stayed with MediaCom.
A spokesman for Skoda declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)