AMV BBDO mulls Weapon7 closure
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is considering the closure of its digital shop, Weapon7, after transferring key clients to other parts of the group.
Mercedes-Benz: the Weapon7 team handling the account has been moved to AMV and Hub+
AMV has entered into a consultation with Weapon7’s five remaining staff and the process is expected to last for around two weeks.
The consultation follows the transfer of Weapon7’s two retained accounts to other parts of AMV. At the end of 2013, the Weapon7 team working on Mercedes-Benz was moved to AMV and its production arm, Hub+. Weapon7 was unsustainable without this business and its final account, Barcardi, was moved to Proximity.
Mercedes was previously shared between AMV, Hub+ and Weapon7. AMV will now hold the entire ad account and Hub+ will take on digital production duties previously handled by Weapon7.
Adam Graham, Weapon7’s chief executive, left at the end of last year to join the digital consultancy Cact.us.
Cilla Snowball, the group chairman and chief executive at AMV, said: "We’re in a consultation process with staff at Weapon7 following the transition and integration of their Mercedes account into AMV and Hub+, and the proposal to relocate the Weapon7 Bacardi account at Proximity London.
"We’re carefully managing the process, delivering for clients and maximising redeployment opportunities for Weapon7 staff."
Weapon7 was founded in 2001 by Mark Brown, Steven Hess and Simon Smith.
Omnicom acquired the agency in 2006 in a deal thought to be worth more than £10 million. Weapon7 was moved into AMV, also part of Omnicom, in 2011.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1