Initiative loses pan-Euro Hertz media account to Mindshare
WPP's Mindshare has won the £12 million pan-European media planning and buying account for Hertz, following a final pitch against IPG incumbent Initiative.
Hertz: hires Mindshare to handle its pan-European media account
The account covers all above-the-line media duties for the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands in "corporately owned" markets – the UK, Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Spain. It also includes a brief to support franchisee countries within EMEA.
Omnicom's OMD was also believed to have been involved in the pitch process.
Elyes Mrad, vice-president of sales and marketing, Hertz International, said: "The appointment of Mindshare as the new media agency for our pan-European media planning brings fresh air to our marketing campaigns.
"Hertz is reinventing the car rental experience through its innovative products and services. Mindshare’s creative and cutting-edge media-buying solutions are perfectly aligned with our identity. We are confident that this new alliance will result in an even more effective exposure for our brands."
Mindshare’s winning pitch team was led by Marco Rimini, chief executive of the Mindshare Worldwide Central Team.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Display Manager - Fab Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £35k + great benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Designer/Design become £45k - 60k, London (Central), London (Greater)