FCB Inferno puts big guns to work on prized BMW account
FCB Inferno has put its most senior team to work on BMW's UK creative business, which moved from WCRS after 35 years last week.
BMW: WCRS held the car marque’s UK business for 35 years
Frazer Gibney, the chief executive of FCB Inferno, will run the account, while the agency’s chief creative officer, Al Young, and its chief strategy officer, Simon White, will lead creative and strategy respectively.
FCB Inferno beat BMB, SapientNitro and Soul, in addition to the incumbent, Engine – which was working with Dare – to win the account.
According to sources close to the pitch, BMW was keen to appoint a single agency that could service its entire business. The German car marque is also keen to increase its earned and owned media advertising, moving away from the "launch and abandon" approach of the past.
BMW had been one of the Engine agency WCRS’s founding clients, and its sister shop Partners Andrews Aldridge also worked on the business. Dare had collaborated with WCRS on BMW’s digital campaigns since 2008.
BMW told FCB Inferno it had won the account on 26 June after a pitch that began in January. The agency is already working on briefs for the brand.
Gibney said: "It goes without saying we’re thrilled to have been appointed. It has been a long road and we have enjoyed getting to know them all throughout the process. We’re incredibly excited about the work to come. WCRS has set the bar high and we’re so proud to be embarking on this new chapter with a truly iconic brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London