Barclays celebrates the "good" of football with Premier League campaign
Barclays is looking to connect with football fans through its title sponsorship of the Premier League, with a new campaign thanking fans for the "unstinting support" they show to their clubs.
A 90-second film called ‘Thank You’, by BBH, rolls out today (16 August) ahead of the start of the new Premier League season. It showcases the dedication of fans, including Everton fan Billy Ingham, who has followed the his club for over 70 years.
An international version will target the hundreds of millions of fans in over 200 countries who watch the Premier League.
Barclays will support the films with experiential, social and PR activity, including ticket competitions. Online marketing will be based around the hashtag #YouAreFootball.
It comes as Barclays looks to instill a new set of "purposes and values" on the back of several major scandals, and "rebuild trust" in the bank.
David Wheldon, managing director of brand, reputation and citizenship at Barclays, said: "There is so much that is good in football, and it should be celebrated.
"We are lucky enough to sponsor the most popular and exciting league in the world, and we want to say ‘thank you’ to the people who make the Barclays Premier League what it is today."
Barclays has extended its partnership with the Premier League until the end of the 2015-16 season, which will see it complete 15 years as title sponsor.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London
- Senior Social Analyst Lipton Fleming £33000.00 per annum, South East England
- Marketing Executive / B2C Marketing Executive Guru Careers £20 - 35k, Based in London (W8) - Commutable from Kensington, Central London, Greater London, The City
- Head of Paid Search / Biddable - Full-Service Agency silverdrum £65,000 - £75,000 + benefits, London