JWT resurrects J.Walter Thompson name
JWT is to revert to its roots after nine years, by renaming the agency J.Walter Thompson to coincide with its 150-year anniversary.
JWT: will revert to its original name in December
J.Walter Thompson rebranded to the shorter JWT in 2005, 18 years after its acquisition by WPP.
The logo being used to promote the 150-year anniversary features an owl and a lamp alongside the agency’s original name.
Bob Jeffrey, worldwide chairman and chief executive of JWT, said: "Throughout our history, JWT has been synonymously referred to as both JWT and J. Walter Thompson. The two monikers peacefully coexisted, in the press, in our own internal communications and by the industry at large.
"In planning for our 150th anniversary, it became abundantly clear that the world and our younger employees in particular, had a deep appreciation and hunger for brand authenticity.
"On 5 December, our official birthday, we will return to the J. Walter Thompson name."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)