Yorkshire Tea celebrates Yorkshire Day with Mel B cake
Yorkshire Tea has celebrated Yorkshire Day today by re-creating the head of Mel B, the former Spice Girl, in cake.
Yorkshire Tea: brand marks Yorkshire Day by creating cake in the image of Mel B
As part of its marketing to celebrate Yorkshire Day, the Taylors of Harrogate tea brand has made cakes shaped like the heads of five celebrities.
A film of the making of the Mel B cake has been posted on YouTube. Mel B (or Melanie Brown) is originally from Leeds in West Yorkshire.
The heads are on show today at King's Cross station, the London terminal where most trains heading to Yorkshire set off from.
Yorkshire Tea’s in-house marketing team conceived the activity and a longer film will be uploaded online next week.
Meanwhile, the high-end countryside clothing brand Barbour tweeted its congratulations to its "friends" at Yorkshire Tea.
The V&A Museum also got into the act, tweeting a picture of a 19th century tea pot in the hope that Yorkshire Tea would send it some tea bags.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)