Leaving your desk job is never easy, but if taking a sabbatical to work with an NGO in a foreign country means you come back a fresher, stronger marketer, then nothing should hold you back from the experience, writes Sarah Walker.More
The results are in - PRWeek unveils the best employers in the PR industry today.
Is it time to finally stop talking about the recession? People working in the creative sector have suffered years of pay freezes, increased workloads and low confidence about job prospects.
The days are gone when you could sit back and wait to be trained. CIPR senior policy and PR officer Andy Ross advises you to get ahead by planning your own training.
Switching from PR to comms consultants is facilitated by recruiting widely read digital mavens from a range of backgrounds, who have an affinity with our organisational culture
The recruitment process should be a genuine two-way conversation. Use it to explore what really matters to you, because that's what can turn a good job into one you love.
I watched TV for Britain on Christmas day. I spent hours sofa-bound, doing my best to improve my average hours viewed to somewhere near the UK average.
Brand Republic on YouTube
Courses and training
Harnessing gazelles? Realising innovation through corporate venturing. By Dr Gary Dushnitsky, associate professor of strategy and entrepreneurship at London Business School.
The course is intellectually challenging and focused on developing the critical thinking and creative and collaborative skills necessary for a successful career in marketing management.
The end of the year is an important time for all of us, of course, but for hundreds of marketing professionals there is an added reason to be cheerful.
Freek Vermeulen, associate professor of strategy and entrepreneurship at London Business School, on what strategy is not.
LSBF offers a range of marketing courses, from short and executive programmes to professional and postgraduate qualifications. The portfolio includes several specialisations, all designed to give students and professionals control over the direction ...
How I got here: tips from the top
The director tells James Swift how he went from hotel management to shooting ads, via a few ad agencies and a stint as a product designer.
Droga5's co-ECD talks to James Swift about his career, from inspirational beginnings in Brazil to celebrated work in London.
The Grey London deputy executive creative director talks Sir Paul Smith, Tracey Emin and Vinnie Jones with James Swift.
by Nick Wells, 17/04/2014
by helenbrown, 17/04/2014
Carol Baubock, global brand and corporate marketing director, Bupa, believes that taking a deep breath can help you stabilise and refocus.
There is no substitute for going to see things for yourself, writes April Redmond, chief marketing officer at Kerry Foods.
Syl Saller, chief marketing officer at Diageo, gains vital perspective from her family's groundedness.
Brand manager Q&A
Latest people moves
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London