The Woodland Trust's website wins Plain English Award
The Woodland Trust has won the Plain English Website Award for 2013, which honours organisations committed to using clear communication that can be clearly understood by a wide audience.
Woodland Trust: wins the the Plain English Website Award for 2013
The Plain English Campaign announced the results at an awards ceremony on Wednesday 4 December.
The Woodland Trust’s website was relaunched in November after it teamed up with Manchester-based agency Code Computerlove to research and identify its audience needs.
The results led to the Trust reducing the number of pages on the site and updating the navigation to make it easier to find information.
Matt Alexander, Woodland Trust, digital content manager, said: "We're delighted with this award. It’s recognition for the hard work we have done over the past year to create a website that the organisation and its supporters can be proud of."
A spokesperson from the The Plain English Campaign said: "The decision to keep the design and content quite simple has paid off – the site is attractive, easy to use, well written and informative.
"The content has wide coverage and information is easy to find, so if you don’t know your oak from your ash, this is the place to go.
"Even the most hardened city dweller will be tempted into the great outdoors after looking at this site."
The AA motoring website was also honoured at the awards. The Campaign for Plain English described the site as: "Extremely impressive. It’s easy to navigate, attractive to look at and superbly laid out.
"It does exactly what we look for in a website: provide a service that’s easy to use, uncluttered, pleasing on the eye and informative."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London