Plan hires Saatchi & Saatchi for content brief
Plan UK, the children's rights charity, has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi London to an integrated content brief, as it seeks to raise awareness and improve the lives of girls around the world.
Freida Pinto: the model and actress is an ambassador for Plan
As the charity’s lead UK agency, Saatchi & Saatchi will create both brand activation and fundraising work to support Plan’s "because I am a girl" campaign. The work will include print, outdoor, social and other digital.
Saatchi & Saatchi’s first work will look at reducing the amount of violence committed against girls. Later activity will aim to ensure people hear girls’ views and opinions and ensure they have a role in decisions that affect them.
The Publicis Groupe agency Leo Burnett will continue to work with Plan on creative projects.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO created two films, including one starring Freida Pinto, print work and digital activity as part of the "because I am a girl" campaign in 2012. The Omnicom agency no longer works with the brand.
Plan has focused its "because I am a girl" campaign on adolescent girls because research has shown that the burden of poverty falls hardest on girls and that girls and young women can be the most powerful agents for change.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury