Plan hires Saatchi & Saatchi for content brief
Plan UK, the children's rights charity, has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi London to an integrated content brief, as it seeks to raise awareness and improve the lives of girls around the world.
Freida Pinto: the model and actress is an ambassador for Plan
As the charity’s lead UK agency, Saatchi & Saatchi will create both brand activation and fundraising work to support Plan’s "because I am a girl" campaign. The work will include print, outdoor, social and other digital.
Saatchi & Saatchi’s first work will look at reducing the amount of violence committed against girls. Later activity will aim to ensure people hear girls’ views and opinions and ensure they have a role in decisions that affect them.
The Publicis Groupe agency Leo Burnett will continue to work with Plan on creative projects.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO created two films, including one starring Freida Pinto, print work and digital activity as part of the "because I am a girl" campaign in 2012. The Omnicom agency no longer works with the brand.
Plan has focused its "because I am a girl" campaign on adolescent girls because research has shown that the burden of poverty falls hardest on girls and that girls and young women can be the most powerful agents for change.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Award Winning ISP Zen Internet £37,000 to £42,000 + benefits, Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - Retail - £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Central London