Arctic Monkeys: watch the tactical Brit Awards win ad
The Arctic Monkeys have today kicked off a tactical cinema and TV ad campaign celebrating the band's Brit Awards wins for Best British Band and Album of The Year at last night's ceremony.
Responsive cinema and TV ads highlighting the wins will appear from today, using clips of the Arctic Monkeys performing with the words "Brit Award winners" in a voiceover. They are a mixture of the videos for the songs ‘R U Mine?’, ‘One For The Road’ and ‘Do I Wanna Know?’.
The film was produced through MMMultiply by Mike Pearson and Peter Aldridge. TV ads will run until Sunday and cinema advertising runs until tomorrow.
The quick-turnaround campaign was created by the media agency the7stars, which works with the Arctic Monkeys’ record label, Domino Records.
The cinema ads will appear on Digital Cinema Media (DCM) screens around the UK, and were booked in response to the win last night. They will run before movies including ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ and ‘Robocop’.
The7stars is also managing a social media campaign from the Arctic Monkeys Twitter handle @arcticmonkeys, with clips from the Arctic Monkeys performance that opened the ceremony at The O2 Arena in London.
Content appeared on Twitter yesterday and will continue on Facebook until tonight and YouTube until Sunday.
Oli Tame, a planner and buyer at the7stars, said the work would "ride the crest of the Arctic Monkeys’ stellar performance and award wins at last night’s Brits and highlights the growing real-time capabilities of key advertising formats".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)