Channel 5 to plunge Big Brother into Dawn of the Planet of the Apes scenario
Channel 5 is set to put this year's Big Brother contestants into a post-apocalyptic world, with housemates set a number of survival-based tasks around the theme of upcoming blockbuster, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
Channel 5: to plunge Big Brother into Dawn of the Planet of the Apes scenario
This Sunday, 13 July, the Big Brother garden will be transformed into a post-apocalyptic world and housemates will be set a number of survival-based tasks in order to get to the safety of the house.
The set forms part of an innovative commercial deal secured between Channel 5, Vizeum and Endemol with 20th Century Fox for the film's release on 17 July.
All partners have worked closely with Endemol’s editorial team and Channel 5’s legal team to enable permissible inclusion of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes film posters within the house and there will be tweets pushing BB’s 600,000 followers to watch the task.
In a product placement move, the winning team will also watch preview footage from the film while wider promotional ads will have been created featuring Big Brother’s iconic ‘eye’ logo.
Maria Buttaci, media promotions executive at 20th Century Fox, told Campaign: "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is this summer’s visually spectacular, tension-filled action thriller.
"With Big Brother still being one of the most significant television events of the season, it made sense for us to work with Channel 5 and Endemol to develop a seamless activation that brings the two together in a creative and fun way."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Category Marketing Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £55K-£65K + Car Allowance + Significant Bonus, Berkshire/West of London
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)