Claire Beale, editor, Campaign
Like quite a lot of people much smarter than me, I completely screwed up over Dare.
Well, that's it.
I had lunch the other day with a former big-agency CEO who went off and did a start-up a couple of years ago.
I sat through a presentation from a big, bright media agency the other day.
I've heard versions of Dave Trott's tales from New York before, but never as brilliantly nailed to what we actually do: build brands. You'll find his story in this week's feature.
I've spent big chunks of the past few weekends reading entries to WPP's internal Atticus Awards, which I'm judging again this year.
Apologies for one last Cannes-fest. I'm so over it all, but we must squeeze the last dregs out of the crazy trade-fair whirl and make sure we got our money's worth from the expensive madness.
Steve Henry has a wonderful way with willies. He employs them with joyous abandon (in vices/being shaved/hovering around naked flames/at parties... as you do) in his recent Campaign blog, which makes a rather important point about taking risks. Pleas...
First, the disclaimer: if you're not going to Cannes, if you're not obsessed by creativity and you have no intention of working with ambitious clients, then perhaps there are a few things in this global issue of Campaign that you might want to pass q...
It's chest-beating, why-didn't-we-win season when we rather enjoy sitting around picking at our collective navel and moaning about why we didn't do better at Cannes and why we haven't won the World Cup. Again.
I was at one of those industry dinners recently where you get the chance to frock up and listen to someone famous tell you how they got there. I can't remember who the speaker was, but I remember the marketer who bounded up to me at the Champagne bit...
In 1995, David Abbott published an article in D&AD's The Copy Book. It's superb. He begins: "I write with an Artline 200 Fine 0.4 Pentel - blue ink, never black. I generally work on A3 layout pads but will sometimes switch to an A4. Definitely low-te...
Now, where was I? Ah... creativity. I really wanted my first column back in this slot to be a thoroughly indulgent wallow in creativity, face buried sniff/taste deep into brilliant work. But then the Publicis-Omnicom merger collapsed, and creativity ...
It's wearily predictable to kick off a new year with a batch of predictions. But this week's issue is a vital road map of what lies ahead, if not exactly for 2013 then for advertising's middle distance.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)