Claire Beale, editor, Marketing
In the few weeks that I've been sitting in this editor's chair, the most insistent (and frustrating) topic of conversation with marketers has been the disconnect between marketing and the boardroom.
I once asked an ad creative to write a couple of paragraphs about a piece of work he was very proud of. We needed a pithy summary of the ad: 200-odd words, maybe less. And we needed our couple of paragraphs within 48 hours: a luxurious amount of time...
Sir Martin Sorrell reckons that Moody's decision to strip the UK of its AAA rating is further proof that (for now) we should all be looking to the Next 11 countries and even, still, the BRICS for growth.
When Gene Roddenberry was casting round for characters to populate his series 'Star Trek: The Next Generation', he created the android Lieutenant Commander Data.
You might notice there's something of a theme to this week's issue. We spotted it too, and decided to embrace it with a flash on the front cover: Social in focus.
It's wearily predictable to kick off a new year with a batch of predictions. But this week's issue is a vital road map of what lies ahead, if not exactly for 2013 then for advertising's middle distance.
Comment & blogs
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...