Cadbury joins the Christmas fray
Cadbury has launched its first Christmas-themed ad campaign for Cadbury Dairy Milk.
The campaign, created by Fallon London with media planning and buying by PHD, shows a street wrapped in paper Cadbury’s shade of purple. Lots of children arrive and unwrap the items in the street, including houses, cars and lampposts.
Two young boys then run into a giant Cadbury snowman, which bursts, distributing bars of Dairy Milk, as well as Christmas-themed teats such as Mousse Snowman, Chocolate Santa and Snowman and Santa Hollows.
At Fallon, the creative team was Thom Glover and Eoin McLaughlin. Kim Gehrig directed the spot through Somesuch & Co. The music is ‘Marshmallow World’ by Darlene Love.
The ad broke on TV in ‘Coronation Street’ on Friday night and will run on TV in November and December, as well as on the chocolate company’s YouTube channel.
Lily Donagh, a marketing manager at Cadbury, said ‘We wanted to create a festival spectacle to really capture the joy of a Cadbury Christmas – and what better way to wrap a street from top to bottom in festive Cadbury purple gift paper?
"Cadbury is a brand with an established and well-loved place in homes across the country during the festive period. From advent calendars and selection boxes, to stocking fillers and tubs of Cadbury Heroes and Roses.
"Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without Cadbury and so we felt it was about time we had a festive ad."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London