Cadbury joins the Christmas fray
Cadbury has launched its first Christmas-themed ad campaign for Cadbury Dairy Milk.
The campaign, created by Fallon London with media planning and buying by PHD, shows a street wrapped in paper Cadbury’s shade of purple. Lots of children arrive and unwrap the items in the street, including houses, cars and lampposts.
Two young boys then run into a giant Cadbury snowman, which bursts, distributing bars of Dairy Milk, as well as Christmas-themed teats such as Mousse Snowman, Chocolate Santa and Snowman and Santa Hollows.
At Fallon, the creative team was Thom Glover and Eoin McLaughlin. Kim Gehrig directed the spot through Somesuch & Co. The music is ‘Marshmallow World’ by Darlene Love.
The ad broke on TV in ‘Coronation Street’ on Friday night and will run on TV in November and December, as well as on the chocolate company’s YouTube channel.
Lily Donagh, a marketing manager at Cadbury, said ‘We wanted to create a festival spectacle to really capture the joy of a Cadbury Christmas – and what better way to wrap a street from top to bottom in festive Cadbury purple gift paper?
"Cadbury is a brand with an established and well-loved place in homes across the country during the festive period. From advent calendars and selection boxes, to stocking fillers and tubs of Cadbury Heroes and Roses.
"Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without Cadbury and so we felt it was about time we had a festive ad."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)