House of Fraser calls review of UK advertising business
House of Fraser, the department store, is pitching for a creative agency ahead of a major new campaign.
House of Fraser: seeks agency ahead of a major new campaign
The store, bought by the Chinese conglomerate Sanpower in April, is speaking to three agencies. It plans to make a decision this month.
House of Fraser worked with Fallon London on a project basis in 2011, and has created advertising in-house since. It has also previously worked with Harriman Steel and DLKW Lowe.
In May 2013, House of Fraser moved its media planning and buying account to Goodstuff Communications from Starcom MediaVest Group, which it had worked with for 14 years.
House of Fraser spent £3.2 million on media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen.
The department store’s campaigns have included the film "label lab", created by Harriman Steel, to launch the spring/summer 2011 menswear collection. The activity was fronted by the band Tall Ships.
A spokeswoman for the store declined to comment on the pitch.
Sanpower, a group with retail and property assets, bought an 89 per cent stake in House of Fraser last month in a deal worth £480 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)