Metro asks readers to share experiences of city living on Twitter
Metro has launched a campaign to encourage readers to share their best and worst experiences of living in a city in a push to drive the paper's digital audience.
Metro: launches a Twitter campaign
The campaign, created by Dare, will run from today for a month and will introduce a new strap line for the free newspaper: "Metro. Made for the city".
The ads encourage viewers to tweet experiences that "make or break you in the city" via the hashtags #Metrohigh and #Metrolow.
The campaign will run in the Metro’s print and digital editions, with the print ads encouraging readers to visit the paper’s online site. Ads will also appear across London Underground stations.
The #Metrohigh and #Metrolow hashtags will be used across all the Metro’s social media channels and the campaign will be backed by ads on Facebook.
The best tweets using the hashtags will be entered to win a £20 Amazon voucher, and daily competitions, with prizes such as Grand Prix tickets and a Tour of Britain bike ride, will run throughout the duration of the campaign.
The creative team included Dare’s Sean Vrabel as the art director and Stuart Woodall as the copywriter. MediaVest was in charge of media planning and buying.
Bryan Scott, the marketing communications director at Metro, said the campaign tapped into the paper’s "urbanite insights" to develop a "deeper brand connection" with core customers.
He added: "Since Metro launched, we’ve been committed to helping our busy, on-the-move urbanite audience maximise their downtime and get more from city life.
"This campaign focuses on celebrating the city highs that attract our readers to urban living, and overcoming the lows, in a social, entertaining and highly engaging way that truly resonates with them."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London