Wieden & Kennedy split with Levi's
Wieden & Kennedy has announced that it has split with client Levi Strauss & Co after four years.
Levi's: this is a pair of Levi's by Wieden & Kennedy Portland
According to a statement from Wieden & Kennedy, the decision to part ways was mutual. Levi’s did not respond to requests for comment on whether it was looking for another agency to work with.
Wieden & Kennedy Portland won Levi’s North America business in December 2008 and was made the brand’s global agency of record in 2011.
A spokeswoman for Wieden & Kennedy London said that the agency’s UK office did not work on the account and so was unaffected by the spit. Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam has created work for the brand in the past, however.
Tom Blessington, the managing director of Widen & Kennedy Portland, said: "We leave the partnership with the utmost respect for the brand and wish the Levi's team the best for a successful future."
Before striking up a relationship with Wieden & Kennedy, Levi’s worked with Bartle Bogle Hegarty for 28 years and was one of the agency’s founding clients. BBH resigned the account in 2010.
James Curleigh, the brand president at Levi’s, added: "We would like to thank Wieden & Kennedy for their creative energy and engagement over the past five years. The team have supported us through a significant period in the Levi’s brand evolution."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire