WCRS on alert as BMW reviews UK creative
WCRS is on alert after BMW UK put its advertising up for pitch, putting its 35-year relationship on the line.
BMW: 'eclipse' camapign by WCRS
The review is being handled by AAR and also affects Dare, which works on BMW’s digital account.
BMW is a founding client of WCRS and the agency has worked with the brand throughout the 35 years, since it was formed in 1979.
Dare picked up BMW's digital account in 2008, following a process also handled by AAR.
In a statement BMW UK said: "BMW UK can confirm that the contract for integrated marketing services, currently provided jointly by the Engine/Dare integrated team, is being reviewed.
"This follows other recent statutory reviews of media and dealer marketing. The incumbents for Media (Vizeum), Dealer Marketing (HPS) and Sponsorship Marketing (Engine’s Synergy) are unaffected by this review."
Last week it was announced that Uwe Dreher had been appointed as UK marketing director at BMW, following last year’s promotion of predecessor Chris Brownridge.
Much of BMW’s recent work has been in digital. In September last year, BMW and WCRS released an interactive film that changed based on the movements of smartphone and tablet users in a bid to give people an idea of what it feels like to drive the BMW i3 electric car.
In August 2013, also as part of the activity to promote the i3 electric car, BMW launched an artificial intelligence service that answers customer's questions around the clock without the need for a dealer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London