Pitch update: The latest on pitches from Argos, Williams & Glyn's, British Hearth Foundation, British Airways, Heinz and Sony Electronics
Ah, all-agency briefings - possibly one of the most excruciating things that shops can be made to sit through.
Argos: CHI had to endure an all-agency briefing alongside JWT, Now, Publicis and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
British Heart Foundation: chemistry meetings are scheduled for this week
And so it came to pass for Argos’ incumbent agency, CHI & Partners, which met up with the other selected shops – JWT London, Now, Publicis London and (rather intriguingly, given that it already handles the retailer Marks & Spencer) Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R – to discuss the upcoming pitch for the company’s £55 million advertising account. The review is being led by AAR.
Briefs were issued on Monday for Williams & Glyn’s, the Royal Bank of Scotland Group spin-off that is returning to the high street after 30 years as part of the taxpayer bailout of the disgraced company. Involved in the process are consortiums from Publicis and WPP, as well as McCann Manchester, as the bank seeks to appoint a "one-stop shop" for services including above-the-line advertising, CRM, digital, media and PR. The brief promises to be one of the biggest of the year, with the new bank comprising 314 branches across England, Wales and Scotland, so there’s plenty for agencies to get their teeth into.
Chemistry meetings are being scheduled this week for the British Heart Foundation’s advertising account, currently held by Grey London. Pitches, which are again being handled by AAR, are due to be held on this creatively led account at the end of March.
OMD has been given a place on Heinz’s global media pitch. Vizeum handles the account in the UK.
Lastly (and Pitch Update wouldn’t be the same without mentioning these), a result on the Sony Electronics European advertising pitch is expected at the end of this month, which is more than can be said for British Airways’ review. No new date has been given, meaning business as usual for the two incumbents, Bartle Bogle Hegarty and OgilvyOne.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)