Agencies line up for Gatwick Airport brief
London Gatwick Airport has invited ad agencies to pitch for a new creative brief.
Gatwick: plans new runway
The airport, the second-largest in the UK, has approached agencies directly about an advertising brief. However, a spokeswoman for Gatwick Airport said the brief was for social media and PR.
It seeks to convince people that Gatwick provides the solution to Britain’s need for airport expansion.
Gatwick is currently lobbying to gain permission to build a second runway to meet increased demand.
It is understood that Gatwick requires ad agency support to convince the public of its plans in favour of a third runway at Heathrow Airport. Airport expansion is controversial due to the potential environmental impact.
A spokesman for Gatwick confirmed the process and said a copy of the pitch document would be posted online in the next few weeks.
Gatwick is owned by a group of international investment funds, of which Global Infrastructure Partners is the largest shareholder. The airport serves more destinations than any other in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)