888casino calls ad pitch
888casino, the gambling site, is on the hunt for a creative agency to devise a campaign to reach UK and US consumers.
888casino: seeks a creative agency to target UK and US consumers
The pitch has emerged just one week after the UK Government announced a wide-ranging review of gambling advertising.
The brand, which is owned by 888 Holdings, has issued a written brief to agencies. It will select up to three agencies to see at pitch stage, which will take place in early April.
It is looking for an agency to launch a "high-visibility activation campaign" targeting UK and US audiences across TV, print and outdoor.
The company, which is headquartered in Gibraltar and listed on the London Stock Exchange, will offer agency fees of up to £30,000 and a production budget of £150,000, according to an RFI seen by Campaign.
As part of a four-point plan, CAP and BCAP will consider changes to their codes, the Advertising Standards Authority will review its enforcement action, the independent Gambling Commission will look at the marketing of "free bets" and "bonus offers", and the gambling industry will look at online activities including bingo.
The brand 888casino has already fallen foul of the ASA. Several of its ads were banned last year; in November for misleading consumers over "best" claims, and previously in July for using images that appealed to children.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Creative Director - Digital Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London